Safety goggles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Not too often that people post about these, and they are probably the most important tool we all use.
I got fed up with my safety glasses fogging up. I had been using a cheap pair that I'd picked up somewhere. So I got these anti fog goggles and they are great. Bollé Safety 41080, Rush+ Safety... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UXF3W20?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

the anti fog coating works as advertised. But the field of view is amazing. They are light, snug, flexible, and comfortable. And they provide excellent coverage. Worth every penny. Kind of frustrated I waited so long to get something better.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Read the reviews. Not sure why glasses would fog if there is air all around them. I got plenty of safety glasses from the job sites over the years and they are one of those things where you leave a pair all over the shop by all the tools. So cheap works too. :)

Last edited:

EricRN

Read the reviews. Not sure why glasses would fog if there is air all around them. I got plenty of safety glasses from the job sites over the years and they are one of those things where you leave a pair all over the shop by all the tools. So cheap works too. :)
I can't spend an hour out in the shop without my wife calling me in at least once. That's typically when the fogging happens. And also when the weather gets cooler and I start working up a sweat.

monophoto

Capt Eddie used to suggest treating safety glasses or face shields with silicone solution to prevent fogging. He suggested ArmorAll, but there are other brands that should work.

I use a generic (house brand) silicone solution sold by a nearby auto-parts store that seems to be effective in controlling both fogging and the accumulation of sanding dust on my face shield.

My experience is that wearing a face mask aggravates the fogging problem both for my face shield and my glasses. In the shop, I prefer a face mask that has exhalation valves. I have two - one is a 'Base Camp' mask, while the other is a generic no-name mask sold by Amazon.

Unforunately, a face mask with an exhalation valve is not a suitable face covering for virus control. So those of us who wear glasses have to deal with the fogging problem.

JimB

If your face mask is causing your glasses to fog there is a good chance your problem is the face mask not fitting properly across the bridge of your nose and just below your glasses. If it is loose there air will leak upwards into your glasses when you exhale. Pinch the face mask around your nose.

mick

If you wear glasses and can afford it get a pair of prescription safety glasses made. I wore safety glasses for my whole career, being nearsighted I had no choice. My company provided these at no cost so when I found out they were going to retire me (that's another long story) I ordered a new pair. (Plus a new pair of steel toed boots and flames retardant work clothes)[emoji16] My eyes have changed very little since so I'm still using them 12 yrs later. I never have a problem with fogging as my workshop has AC. I also use a trend airshield helmet if I'm turning larger projects.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom