Sad News - Terredax

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have been informed that Terredax (John) has passed away. Here is the information I received today from his daughter, Denise.

Hello Jeff,

I'm using my father's (John/Terredax) email address because it has his contact list.
There were a few people that have emailed me asking about my father's absence on some of the forum's and groups he belonged to, and the lack of return emails, as this is unusual for him.

I've been returning emails and going through my father's contact lists, and since I'm unsure of whom is from where, and which groups, I thought contacting you would be the quickest way to get the information to those that are interested in it on your forum.

Either late Friday, or early Saturday, my father passed away. It's unclear of the cause, and we are awaiting the autopsy results. One speculation is that he got his medications confused, and either overdosed on one or more of them. or he wasn't taking them at all.

There will not be a funeral, as he requests in his will, but we will be holding a celebration of life for him. If anyone is interested in attending, we can forward the information once the venue is set.

Denise

I have asked Denise how she would like to be contacted by anyone wishing to offer condolences or attend his celebration of life. When she responds, I will post the information in this thread.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I too am sorry to hear of this. I enjoyed his contributions here. He had the right idea in asking the family to "celebrate life". From my experience in ministry, not enough people understand this. In the midst of sadness of losing a friend or family member, it is great when their life can be celebrated with a get together with great memories and laughter of those memories.

Lucky2

I too am sorry to hear of this. I enjoyed his contributions here. He had the right idea in asking the family to "celebrate life". From my experience in ministry, not enough people understand this. In the midst of sadness of losing a friend or family member, it is great when their life can be celebrated with a get together with great memories and laughter of those memories.

Hank, this is what I asked my daughter's to do. I don't want a wake or funeral service, I never was interested in going to them,so I be darned if I wanted one. I've asked to be cremated, and for them to use the money I've set aside to rent the Lion's Club hall, and to set my ashes at the front of the hall for all to see. While they have a dance and good time, thinking and talking about the good times they've spent with me. If they'll do this or not I'll never know, but I do hope that they do.

Len

Hank, this is what I asked my daughter's to do. I don't want a wake or funeral service, I never was interested in going to them,so I be darned if I wanted one. I've asked to be cremated, and for them to use the money I've set aside to rent the Lion's Club hall, and to set my ashes at the front of the hall for all to see. While they have a dance and good time, thinking and talking about the good times they've spent with me. If they'll do this or not I'll never know, but I do hope that they do. Len

I agree with you Len, funerals are for the living anyway and once I'm gone, just have a party, don't cry over me... also opting for cremation as I've always believed cemeteries are a waste of land. I've turned a few urns for sale and thinking I need to do one for me and LOML... but have told the kids to not save the ashes, dump them somewhere where the wind can take them away, preferable in the mountains... but I'll haunt them forever if the dump me in water. (I don't swim):biggrin:

I am sorry to hear about our friend Terradex... always enjoyed his posts.... may he rest in peace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom