Ryan Strikes Again!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rtjw

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

My wife needed a present for a teacher friend of hers. This is what I came up with. Woodturningz and pens of color are becoming my favorite people.

200532014048_DSC00541.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

It is the pink ivory from woodturningz.com. I have bought 15 blanks from him so far and they have all turned out fantastic. I purchased the A GRADE blanks. Tyhe picture does not even come close to showing how good the blanks are. I finished with a CA finish. I have just started using CA as a finish and I am still learning.

Thumbs

Johnny, those are really beautiful! My wife is going to be very jealous when I get her to come over and look at these.... I badgered Ryan into giving me a sample of Grade "A" and a piece of Grade "B" but I haven't tried anything with them yet. Have you tried any grade "B" yet? Other than external color, do you know what the differences are?

dougle40

Very nice work Johnny .
You know it's funny how the names of things change over the years - That "Bracelet Helper" used to be called a "Roach Clip" way back when !!!!!![;)][:D][:D]

rtjw

Thumbs, I dont know the difference but since it is only like a buck more, go for the grade A I have not been disappointed. Dougle, I was thinking that same thing this morning on the way to work. I thought to myself, if I get pulled over with this thing, no ones gonna believe it is a bracelet helper!

opfoto

RTJW,
Great job on both the pen and the "helper". What is that pen kit??? Polaris? I just bought some "A" blanks from Ryan too. Haven't turned any pens from this batch yet but will soon.

Darley

Originally posted by opfoto
<br />RTJW,
Great job on both the pen and the "helper". What is that pen kit??? Polaris? I just bought some "A" blanks from Ryan too. Haven't turned any pens from this batch yet but will soon.

Yes opfoto is a Polaris or Atlas or Patriot, if you have Ivory blanks from Ryan they are 6" and <b>with care </b>you can have 2 pens when using this kit

Serge

JimGo

Johnny, do you know whether you can bake or FP the pink ivory to get a deeper color? I hear you can bake purpleheart at about 325-350 for 5-10 minutes and get a much deeper purple, and I know FP also brings out the purple color more. Wasn't sure about whether this also works with PI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom