Round End Table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello All
Many years ago Evelyn ask me to make her a 30" round end table, it the time I did not have any clamps big enough to do a glue up nor a router bit that would do cutting job. I found a round table top made of 1" thick pine that was 36" in dia. but that still left me with the problem on how to cut in to size Then I remembered seeing article about cutting a circle on a table saw and played around with that idea for a while. I found that I could cut a circle on my table saw and I made a jig that set in the miter slot and gave me a stable platform to cut the top and so all that was left was to come up with a design that would look good. Below is what I came up with. The legs are glued up 3/4" pine and the pedestal is 3/4" pine. She is proud of my work as I am and she shows it off to anyone new who come to our home. It was a fun projects to make and showed me a new way to use a table saw. Any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks everyone for the complements. I had a coworker ask if he could us my plans. I told him I didn't have any just a rough drawing of what I wanted the legs or feet to look like but this is the case in most of the things I make, I guess you could say I use the plans in my minds eye.

Top Bottom