Rossetti 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Made another Rossetti Pen today using Oak and repositioning the rings. I have photographed it along side the one from yesterday to show the versatility of the kit by repositioning the rings.
I really like this Kit because it's many kits in one. Using different wood possibly segmenting. Also the kit is supplied with 4 rings but I have ordered more to increase the number of segments. Obviously you have to stay within the tube length.
Hope you like them please comment.

Attachments

• pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 134
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 136
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
They both look excellent Michael, but I favor the first one with the slight taper in the sections; just a bit more unique. However, they look like a fun kit to play with.

Thanks for posting these.

Kcimdrib

They both look excellent Michael, but I favor the first one with the slight taper in the sections; just a bit more unique. However, they look like a fun kit to play with.

Thanks for posting these.
Thank you for your comments Mark a plus is you glue after turning and finishing so any mistakes and it's easy to start again.

magpens

Are you "crooked", Michael ?
You should have told us sooner !
Oh, well .... better now than later !!
It's good to know before it's too late. . . . :D :D 😁😥 😭😰

Yeah .... I like the first pen better also .... same as Mark and Jim !!

BTW, for that Rosetti kit ..... is there a "coupler" piece between each pair of barrel pieces ? . . Just wondering .

Or do you rely on the central tube for the overall alignment of the sections ?

Kcimdrib

No you get one spacer slightly wider than all 4 Rings and because they slide on the tube not glued the wood can move. The recommended drill size is 9.7 mm and according to Prokraft should not be substituted. But now I have made 2 so far, For the next one I will try 9.5 mm because with 9.7 mm you get some movement which is not desirable.
I like the flexibility of the kit but think I need to play about a bit..
Hope this makes it a bit clearer Mal.

Top Bottom