Rosewood Triton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

Earlier this year I interacted with fellow IAP Member Bullwinkle. We did a little swapping and I was lucky enough to get a super nice Bolivian Rosewood Blank. Most of the rosewood I've turned in the past ended up being pretty dark when finished but this one just popped. You can see the grain and color just looking at it without finding the right light. A friend wanted to give her boss a nice pen as a Thank You so I had a chance to use the blank. I'm very pleased with the pen. I have enough of the blank left over to make another single body pen. When I get around to making that one it might have to find a place here at home. Thank You Bullwinkle for your generosity.

Attachments

• 37006D70-7BA1-46E8-BA69-B373021386AD.jpeg
    37006D70-7BA1-46E8-BA69-B373021386AD.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 107
  • 88147832-FF2C-43B1-B2F1-0890F948DBBD.jpeg
    88147832-FF2C-43B1-B2F1-0890F948DBBD.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 115
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

Earlier this year I interacted with fellow IAP Member Bullwinkle. We did a little swapping and I was lucky enough to get a super nice Bolivian Rosewood Blank. Most of the rosewood I've turned in the past ended up being pretty dark when finished but this one just popped. You can see the grain and color just looking at it without finding the right light. A friend wanted to give her boss a nice pen as a Thank You so I had a chance to use the blank. I'm very pleased with the pen. I have enough of the blank left over to make another single body pen. When I get around to making that one it might have to find a place here at home. Thank You Bullwinkle for your generosity.
Kenny,
That turned out beautifully. A truly stunning piece of art. The wood is amazing and the craftsmanship you put into it shows. Truly one of the best pens I've ever seen !!!!
I'm glad it turned out great !
The diagonal cut grain pattern definitely makes it more interesting, and the laser engraving and fill in is impeccable !!!

Last edited:

Kenny Durrant

Thank you all for the kind words and Thanks again Bullwinkle for the blank. I just turned the pen all the beauty is in the blank. The fill in the engraving wasn't exactly what I was hoping for but still I'm happy with it.

Top Bottom