Roman Harvest (Aussie Cambridge) Dressed in Redwood Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larryreitz

Larryreitz

Finished this one yesterday and got it photographed this morning. _MG_9788.jpg_MG_9789.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

That blank works really well with the hardware, very nice!
One small comment, there seems to be a small mishap in the cap assembly, I believe the original intent is to have the golden ring between two chrome rings (basically mirroring the body end finial configuration).

Larryreitz

Flat out beautiful! That is one to be proud of. đź‘Ť
Thanks, Mark.
One small comment, there seems to be a small mishap in the cap assembly, I believe the original intent is to have the golden ring between two chrome rings (basically mirroring the body end finial configuration).
Thanks for the comment. I agree it should work that way and I tried that first. Didn't work and I couldn't close it up. So I disassembled it and put it together as shown. Maybe I'm still missing something, but, I think I'll leave it alone for now.

jrista

This is a great pairing, the Cambridge with Redwood.

I just started working on a fountain pen version of this kit...seeing yours here, I'm realizing now just how big this pen is.

I am also curious...is it postable? I see threads on the nib side, but not on the finial...

Larryreitz

This is a great pairing, the Cambridge with Redwood.

I just started working on a fountain pen version of this kit...seeing yours here, I'm realizing now just how big this pen is.

I am also curious...is it postable? I see threads on the nib side, but not on the finial...
I would not describe this pen as postable. If you look up Cambridge on the EB website pictures show it posted, however, I don't think I would want to force the finial onto the nib for fear of damaging the threads. Perhaps the images used were from an earlier version or perhaps this is just an older version of the pen.

Larryreitz

Well now I see my first try at a reply went to the wrong person. I was rather tired when I wrote it last night. Anyhow, I disassembled the pen this AM and got it back together properly. Thanks for noticing. I always appreciate comments, suggestions and even criticism from IAP members
Larry

Top Bottom