Rollerball refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bope

Is there a difference in rollerball refills like there is between the parker and cross ballpoint refills? I have a friend that has a Vertex magnetic rollerball and needs a refill. She would prefer to just go to a place like Staples than order from one of the pen suppliers. When I looked at Staples there seems to be variations on the theme again and I don't know which one to tell her to get.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

Ceramic tip refills such as Schmidt 888 and 5888 tend to offer a smoother writing experience because the ceramic tip ball is smoother than a steel tip ball. The pen will take a standard length refill so a refill from Staple such as a Pilot will work fine for most people. If you are going to sell the roller ball pens I would recommend the Schmidt.

FGarbrecht

Ceramic tip refills such as Schmidt 888 and 5888 tend to offer a smoother writing experience because the ceramic tip ball is smoother than a steel tip ball. The pen will take a standard length refill so a refill from Staple such as a Pilot will work fine for most people. If you are going to sell the roller ball pens I would recommend the Schmidt.
What is a 'standard length' rollerball refill? I bought a bunch of Zen rollerball kits cheap and none of the included refills actually work (I guess thats why they were cheap). The refill in the pens is 110 mm long and is unmarked; is this a standard size? I looked on a couple of the kit sites and some have more than one size but they (at least the sites I looked at) don't give actual measurements. This is so freaking irritating. /end rant/

John Eldeen

What is a 'standard length' rollerball refill? I bought a bunch of Zen rollerball kits cheap and none of the included refills actually work (I guess thats why they were cheap). The refill in the pens is 110 mm long and is unmarked; is this a standard size? I looked on a couple of the kit sites and some have more than one size but they (at least the sites I looked at) don't give actual measurements. This is so freaking irritating. /end rant/
The Schmidt 888 is what is in the zen rollerball kits that I have made.

jttheclockman

If you look in staples or a place like that you will see a ton of refills of all sizes and lengths. You need to replace with correct size and no not all rollerballs or ink refills are the same.

Bope

If you look in staples or a place like that you will see a ton of refills of all sizes and lengths. You need to replace with correct size and no not all rollerballs or ink refills are the same.
So how are you supposed to know what refill fits your pen? If you look at Staples website they name some of the pens the refill fits but those are usually limited to the same manufacturer. So if you have a custom pen your pen will never be listed. Also the pen kits don't seem to list a style of refill unlike the ballpoints that say Cross or Parker.

GraiDawg

from what i can gather the pilot g2 is the size that fits in "most" pens. I would suggest getting one of those and trying it out. if it doesn't fit the pens you have made you will at least know if you need a shorter or longer refill. personally i have found if i need a longer refill i steal a spring from a cheap pen thats laying around (I have a lot of dismantled pens) and put that in the back of the pen.

Top Bottom