Rollerball Refills for Cross 8513

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crokett

Does anyone offer a rollerball refill for the Cross 8513 (slimline) style transmission? I'm thinking of converting some of the existing pens I have to rollerball. And/or is there a rollerball version of the cartridge included with the Mesa/Prism, or one that will fit these pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crokett

I don't know of any Cross style rollerball refills. And which kit is the Mesa/Prism?
This one. I'm sure it's sold under different names at different sites.

qquake

The Mesa is one of many Sierra derivatives. They all use Parker style refills. I don't know of any rollerball type refills to fit it, but there are many Parker style gel refills available. Amazon has them.

monophoto

Does anyone offer a rollerball refill for the Cross 8513 (slimline) style transmission? I'm thinking of converting some of the existing pens I have to rollerball. And/or is there a rollerball version of the cartridge included with the Mesa/Prism, or one that will fit these pens?

The ink used in roller balls is water-based, so roller balls require a sealed cap to prevent the cartridge from drying out. The basic slimline twist transmission design is not sealed, and therefore is not compatible with rollerballs. Instead, slimline twist pens are designed for refills that with oil/grease-based ink.

For more information, see https://www.jetpens.com/blog/The-Difference-Between-Ballpoint-Gel-and-Rollerball-Pens/pt/167

Last edited:

crokett

The ink used in roller balls is water-based, so roller balls require a sealed cap to prevent the cartridge from drying out. The basic slimline twist transmission design is not sealed, and therefore is not compatible with rollerballs. Instead, slimline twist pens are designed for refills that with oil/grease-based ink.

For more information, see https://www.jetpens.com/blog/The-Difference-Between-Ballpoint-Gel-and-Rollerball-Pens/pt/167
thanks. that is good info to have. maybe the compromise on the ballpoints is to find a better refill than the stock ones that come with the kits.

Top Bottom