Roll stop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aces-High

Aces-High

I found some small charms in a store a while ago. Thought I would put one on a practice pen to see how it looks. What do you think?

IMG_20210726_100101.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bats

I like the idea... I've always been bothered by the fact that I can't make clips - frog rollstops might not be a bad substitute.

Aces-High

Interesting. It looks like it's embedded in a worth wood blank. Did you cast it or drill out a place for it?
It is some type of charm that I drilled a place in the back of for a post that I then drilled a hole for in the cap and glued in. I also reemed out the back of the charm to fit the curve of the cap better as well.

sorcerertd

It's funny that I said peace frog, then heard the song on my way to the chiropractor this afternoon.

As far as durability, and for what it's worth, the Tierracast brand makes some charms and buttons that are known to be a little better quality. Not sure about the materials on/in what you used there, but just something to think about.

Aces-High

It's funny that I said peace frog, then heard the song on my way to the chiropractor this afternoon.

As far as durability, and for what it's worth, the Tierracast brand makes some charms and buttons that are known to be a little better quality. Not sure about the materials on/in what you used there, but just something to think about.
Thanks for the recommendation. I just looked and they look a it too big for roll stops. Are there ones that you have used from them?

TonyL

I like and prefer it to a clip. Many of my customers are women....most leave on a desk or carry in a purse. I also like the of having nothing "hiding" the lines of the blank.

sorcerertd

Thanks for the recommendation. I just looked and they look a it too big for roll stops. Are there ones that you have used from them?
I have not used them personally. My wife uses their charms for jewelry and I've heard her say many times that their quality is much better than the Michaels or Hobby Lobby stuff.

Maybe you can design a "signature" stop, a trademark for your pens like Ash's finials? Although, I would think any manufacturer would want a pretty large minimum order. Ah, just thinking out loud.

Top Bottom