Rockler Pen Kit Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Alright, another secret I will share. šŸ˜ The "Barrel Cleaner Pen Mill Kit" listed in this flash sale is the only pen mill I use, when I use a pen mill (there are betters ways most of the time). What makes it special?

6 flutes on the mill. I have only found it at Rockler and it isn't cheap. It is not as aggressivel as the more standard 4 flute designs but it catches and rips much less due to the smaller bite and increased contact surface.

Just an opinion and you know what they are like, but this is my go to pen mill.

penicillin

Alright, another secret I will share. šŸ˜ The "Barrel Cleaner Pen Mill Kit" listed in this flash sale is the only pen mill I use, when I use a pen mill (there are betters ways most of the time). What makes it special?

6 flutes on the mill. I have only found it at Rockler and it isn't cheap. It is not as aggressivel as the more standard 4 flute designs but it catches and rips much less due to the smaller bite and increased contact surface.

Just an opinion and you know what they are like, but this is my go to pen mill.
I used to buy those Rockler pen mills with the 6 flutes. They wore out quickly for me, even though I did my best to keep them sharp using diamond hones. (It wasn't easy to sharpen those angled faces on the pen mill, but it helped increase the useable life.)
https://www.rockler.com/double-sided-diamond-hone

After my third Rockler pen mill set, I saved my money and got a Woodpecker pen mill with two carbide inserts. (Woodpecker tools are way overpriced for what you get. I have bought only two tools from Woodpecker, including this pen mill kit.) I bought the basic five-piece set:
https://www.woodpeck.com/ultra-shear-pen-mill-inserts.html

philipff

Guess my round nose scraper and 20gauge copper wire brush must be feeling a bit on the poor child side after seeing that advert. Total cost $3.00. p

Top Bottom