Rockler drill guide and vise - Anyone have one?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rfas

I do t have one but I've used one in classes at my local Rockler store. It does work nicely and it's compact and portable. My only thing with it is it costs almost as much as a decent variable speed drill press. I'm about to upgrade to the WEN variable speed which sells for about $230 brand new.

penicillin

I got an email ad from Rockler. I stopped looking when I saw the $270 price.

Sometimes I am stunned at how much you pay for how little you get from Festool, Woodpeckers, and sometimes Rockler-branded products. They make great products, no doubt, but I scratch my head at their pricing strategy.

KenB259

I got an email ad from Rockler. I stopped looking when I saw the $270 price.

Sometimes I am stunned at how much you pay for how little you get from Festool, Woodpeckers, and sometimes Rockler-branded products. They make great products, no doubt, but I scratch my head at their pricing strategy.
I'm right there with you. I don't mind paying a little more for quality, but some of these companies prices are outlandish

howsitwork

I agree 100%! Just don't use Festool as your pricing guide! 😁 BUT, even if you did, your clamp would be worth every penny!
But if you show her the Festool price and then how "reasonable " the one you want is ……

Sometimes it works….. 😉

Just saying……

Paul in OKC

Starting to get tempted 🙃 This is not my set up, but one I had a pic of. My profile pic is of some as well.

Attachments

• vise.jpg
    vise.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 260

dogcatcher

I have a drill guide that is like that one. I bought it at least 45 years ago. I added a mount and used it as a timber drilling guide to build timber frame structures. I was drilling 4x6 and 6x6 squared logs. It was pretty accurate, but for pens, I would add another $100 to $150 and buy a good drill press.

Paul in OKC

I have a drill guide that is like that one. I bought it at least 45 years ago. I added a mount and used it as a timber drilling guide to build timber frame structures. I was drilling 4x6 and 6x6 squared logs. It was pretty accurate, but for pens, I would add another $100 to $150 and buy a good drill press.
I do agree that the drill press can make a big difference, most issues can be lessened by making sure the spindle is square to the table, even using the coat hanger method. My drill press is a cheapo floor model that was used when I got it 15+ years ago.

howsitwork

Got to agree about pillar drill. I have a floor standing and a bench mounted one ( used more often ) . An engineering X-Y vice also makes life much easier for accurate positioning and secure holding.

Top Bottom