Robin, Owl, and Falcon; painting along in summer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob in SF

Bob in SF

I've always enjoyed the conviction and skill of robins building their nests, the penetrating gaze of owls, and the incredible swooping speed of falcons. These 3 paintings were commissioned by a bird fancier who let me pick the subjects - handmade acrylics on canvas, each = 8x8". I'll make the frames this weekend.

Happy summer to all - Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Amazingly realistic !! ... Wonderful paintings, Bob !! .... the EYES get me !!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I've heard that the eyes in paintings reflect the personality or soul of the person/image. And I also heard that they are difficult to capture correctly. Three wonderful pictures Bob.

Very nice (I'm partial to the owl).

Very, Very nice work Bob. You have an amazing talent with all you do. If you're ever out my way this time of year you can witness the Robin migration and nesting areas around my property. They stop by this time of year to nest and my wife and I spend a lot of time observing them. We also have on occasion a Bald Eagle spend some time with us and some Red Tailed Hawks. Amazing paintings you've done here!

Sly Dog

They are all wonderful but I'm partial to the robin. I had a robin nest this year on the light fixture outside my little shop. You really captured it/them.

Bob in SF

Heartfelt humble thanks for the kind comments!

It's a quiet thrill to mix up some paints and stop time by rendering the blessings of the natural world - fun capturing these 3 remarkably determined flying souls.

I do most of the painting with the canvas or panel upside down on a turntable in order to focus on geometry and form without distraction, then turn it right side up for highlights and expression.

Glad and grateful to be a part of this generous and spirited forum, wherein skilled and dedicated people make pens, and the pens give flight to ideas.

Warm regards to all - Bob

Top Bottom