Rings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jaywood1207

jaywood1207

I've been playing around with rings lately and below are some of what I have done. Some are laminated and some are bentwood and all have CA finishes on them. I still need to get my process nailed down on the bentwood ones to get good consistant results but I am very close now. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• BWRing 1A.jpg
    BWRing 1A.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 143
  • BWRing 3A.jpg
    BWRing 3A.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 148
  • BWRing 4A.jpg
    BWRing 4A.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Ring 1B.JPG
    Ring 1B.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Ring 3B.JPG
    Ring 3B.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Ring 5B.JPG
    Ring 5B.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Ring 7B.JPG
    Ring 7B.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Ring 8B.JPG
    Ring 8B.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 144
  • BWRing 6A.jpg
    BWRing 6A.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Ring 2B.JPG
    Ring 2B.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 139
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

My daughter has been bugging me for a ring every time I go into the shop now. I hope to try this soon. Yours are just amazing. Really nice job!!

jaywood1207

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. As for the tutorial I don't have any plans in the near future. I made special jaws that fit my barracuda chuck to hold the rings when doing the inside and then also use a taper I made out of delrin that is held in my collet chuck to do the outside. I'm still playing with my process to figure out the best and easiest way to do them and have some plans to modify my jaws and taper as well. Lots of learning on these things especially the bentwood ones. I'm not completely happy with the bentwood but am very close and actually did one last night that is almost perfect in my mind. Now to be able to repeat that.

Woodlvr

There was a video link on here awhile about turning rings, It it how I learned to make them. I believe the link referenced to U-tube. I will try to find a link for you guys.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Great job on the rings, it looks like you use the same method I use to make them. I made special jaws for my Talon chuck and use a wooden taper held in a collet chuck!

PaulDoug

Those are really nice looking. I set here trying to figure out the process. I'll have to add this to my list of "to try" for this winter.

Top Bottom