Ring that floats on water!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btboone

btboone

Here's a ring I made in titanium that was specially designed and made to be as light as possible so that it floats on water. It is essentially a thin walled pressure vessel trapping air inside. I wan't sure if it would be possible to make but I wanted to try.

Attachments

• floatingring.jpg
    floatingring.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

How you doing Bruce? Now I can rest well at night knowing that my hand will always be above the surface ... of course I have to wear one of your flotation devices first.

The exactness of your turning the ring is just a fine example of your attention to detail ... as is always the case with your products. :biggrin:

Good to see you here my friend.

btboone

Staying busy with rings, that's for sure. We just had a record month and individual week here recently. I'm looking into a cutting laser which will be the coolest tool in the shop. I'll certainly post pictures of stuff done with that when I get it.

btboone

Yeah, that. And because I do have lots of customers that lose their ring scuba diving or swimming. I wanted to see if were possible to make a ring that floats for them. Not that it would be easy to find at the surface of the ocean, but you would have a fighting chance anyway. Kinda a fun "what if" type exercise.

Top Bottom