Ring Tailed Lemur, pyrography

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob in SF

Bob in SF

An anthropologist friend requested that I burn her a Ring Tailed Lemur (Lemur catta) portrait - "make him wise and a little supicious of human kind". They've been around for 25-26 million years.

This one kindly posed for me at the SF Zoo, and came through a series of life drawings into the portrait below. I realize that photography has subsumed most imaging since Daguerre and Talbot got the photo ball rolling in the 1830s, but I prefer field/life drawing to contemplate and render the souls of the species.

I usually burn outdoors (or indoors with plenty of fan ventilation) and use a Razer Tip brand dual pen system (Razertip SS-D10) - nice variety of tips, and I make some of my own. The surface is 1000 grit-sanded basswood. I airbrush with Jacquard Dye-na-flow acrylics, then seal with a few coats of Krylon UV resistant clear spray. 8x10".

attachment.php

Happy Thursday to all - Bob

Attachments

• RingTailedLemur,pyrography,markison,2018.jpg
    RingTailedLemur,pyrography,markison,2018.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 432
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Bob, Another wonderful example of your artistic talents!
Mr. Lemur has very realistic eyes and is sporting a Face Tattoo on his left arm!
Is this the face of the artist?
Well done!

Bob in SF

Many thanks, Charlie - great job spotting the Face Tattoo - (the answer is maybe)!

Thanks for looking.

Gratefully, Bob

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I love seeing your art work Bob. Thank you for sharing. My brother got all the talent in the family for this medium, but I certainly appreciate seeing this.

bsshog40

Awesome work There Bob. I'll have to post a little something I did a few years back. Nothing as intricate as yours! very nice!

Top Bottom