Ring . . . .Ring . . . . . Hello?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

Ok, I guess I'm just in one of those pen phases. Here's another pen with a custom centerband ring. These are just really fun to make. Again I used a Jr Gent I from Timberbits.

This one is for my wife's cousin who wants a fountain pen because she hasn't written with one since she was in school.

I also found out that WIFE'S COUSIN means FREE:rolleyes:

I reverse painted everything including the ring with a bright green. It's a must with this blank.

You can see a bit of paint between the ring & chrome. I have since removed it with a dental pick. But it was nearly impossible to see without magnification.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boz

Really nice job on the pen. I have made a few with replacing the insert in the cap with a piece of the blank. I really like the blank matching ring on the other end. I have seen this before but searching the library have not found a how to on this. Anybody able to offer some help?

Great job!

I really like the color combination! I am still looking for a mentor to "take me under his wing" and show me slowly, step by step how this quality of work is done!:beauty:

BSea

Love the colors. Nice job.

I like the color match with the pen.

I know about the family discount - just got a request for six from one. But that's life...

That is a really great looking pen, love the colours.

Bob.
Thanks Guys.

Really nice job on the pen. I have made a few with replacing the insert in the cap with a piece of the blank. I really like the blank matching ring on the other end. I have seen this before but searching the library have not found a how to on this. Anybody able to offer some help?
I posted another one about a week ago, and I gave a brief explanation of the steps in doing the ring. You can see that here. Look at post #6.

I really like the color combination! I am still looking for a mentor to "take me under his wing" and show me slowly, step by step how this quality of work is done!:beauty:
I'm available most weekends if you want to make a trip to LR. I'd be glad to show you how to do these.

Great looking pen Bob. Love the colors.

Harry (i know Scott :cool:) M
LOL I think you know everybody!:laugh:

longbeard

Love the colors. Nice job.

I like the color match with the pen.

I know about the family discount - just got a request for six from one. But that's life...

That is a really great looking pen, love the colours.

Bob.
Thanks Guys.

I posted another one about a week ago, and I gave a brief explanation of the steps in doing the ring. You can see that here. Look at post #6.

I'm available most weekends if you want to make a trip to LR. I'd be glad to show you how to do these.

Great looking pen Bob. Love the colors.

Harry (i know Scott :cool:) M
LOL I think you know everybody!:laugh:

But only claim to know a few :biggrin:

Harry (i dont know Jack :rolleyes:) M

TDE

winner

Another fine looking pen Bob. It makes a nice looking pen look great. It's obvious you put some time into these. If Phillip shows up I want to be there also. LOL Hey I know Scott too. Keep up the good work. Ted:)

walshjp17

Fabulous pen, Bob. The colors in that blank are so vibrant. And the ring is perfect. Well done.

I also found out that WIFE'S COUSIN means FREE:rolleyes:

As well I know!! My BIL needed two pens made with Irish Bog Oak for one of his his brothers and his mother in Ireland. Now, he's an organ builder who uses lots of exotic wood in his consoles and cabinets. His price for the pens ... my pick of the litter from the *not quite scraps* shelves. :biggrin::biggrin:

Boz

BSea,
I read the previous post and thank you for linking it for me. Is Timberbits the only one that has JR. Gents that the center band comes apart? I would think that a domestic US supplier should be able to get them from the same manufacturer. Not sure what the exchange rates and shipping is from AU. But for a couple of kits to try it out it could get pricey.
Thanks again for showing us how to do it.

BSea

BSea,
I read the previous post and thank you for linking it for me. Is Timberbits the only one that has JR. Gents that the center band comes apart? I would think that a domestic US supplier should be able to get them from the same manufacturer. Not sure what the exchange rates and shipping is from AU. But for a couple of kits to try it out it could get pricey.
Thanks again for showing us how to do it.
Actually, the shipping is very reasonable from Timberbits. The shipping is free with an order of $80 or more, and I think it's only $7 for orders under $80. The exchange rate is close to 1 to 1 the last time I checked.

On top of that, in my experience, the shipping is as fast or even faster than orders from many domestic companies.

Top Bottom