Rikon 10-350 vs 10-325 any thoughts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am planning to purchase a new Rikon band saw today but cannot decide between the 10-350 or the 10-325. Any thoughts from owners of these saws?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Mike, I have a 10-325 and have used it for everything and anything that needed cutting. It is one of the best saws I have ever owned and I have owned several. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I needed a new one. I like the 10-350 but am not sure that anything I do would require me to buy a saw for twice the price of the 10-325. I have had no problem slicing slabs off twelve inch tall pieces of Ipe and oak. Just make sure you have good blades and it will do anything without a problem.

walshjp17

I also have the 10-325 and for me it is the perfect band saw. Easy to set up (you will need two people) and easy to configure.

I can get the 10-350 for only 229 more than the 10-325 that is my dilemma. I also believe the 10-325 is plenty of saw that is for sure. A local dealer has them for 10-325 at $600 for scratch and dent and 725 for non scratch and dent but the scratch and dent is not even noticeable. Then he has a few 10-350's for $829 I just need to make up my mind and get down there. Any thoughts with this information?

Dave Turner

I've had the Rikon 10-325 for over 5 years now and it's worked like a charm the entire time. I've never felt the need for more power, even when cutting length-wise through 12" diameter ash logs to make my own lumber.

I'd consider getting the 10-350 only if you preferred to use a 220 volt outlet or if money was no object. If I had it to do over, I'd get the 10-325 again and buy several high quality saw blades such as Timber Wolf brand from Suffolk Machinery Corp.

Ok it is all setup I have made a sliding table for it. I did however have one problem with it. I got everything finished and had the setup done and ready to go. I turned it on and nothing? I mucked around with it last night with no luck so I decided I should give it a rest and come back to it later. Today I figured out what was going on with it. The top safety switch was making then breaking! I slipped a piece of rubber hose onto the striker and that fixed that. I guess as the door closed the angle was just enough to let the switch come back up. With the piece of rubber hose on there it works correctly every time. Now for the saw. This thing is amazing I can see why you guys like the 10-325. Everything feels very stable and strong. I think this thing at least on first impression is very nice. Sorry the image is really bad but you get the idea..

1_Rikon.JPG

Last edited:

76winger

I am planning to purchase a new Rikon band saw today but cannot decide between the 10-350 or the 10-325. Any thoughts from owners of these saws?

I've been mulling these two around for some time now myself. But with insufficient funding for either I'll keep mulling around for now.

Ok guys thanks for all of the comments. I ended up with the Pro after all. i got down there and just could not resist.

Good to see you made the decision, keep us posted on your thoughts of it in use. I keep thinking the extra horsepower and longer blades might give it some advantage, but the extra cutting depth is minimal from a percentage viewpoint.

I have been using my old Jet for 3 years now and it has done me well but this thing is just a dream. Very quiet. I made myself a sliding table and actually use the saw to cut up 12 cigar pen blanks that were ordered. I did have some trouble with the upper door safety switch but a piece of rubber tubing fixed that right up. I put it on the striker and all is well. I don't think anything that I am going to cut will slow this thing down at all. I need to order up a 1/2" x 124" 8TPI blade and see how that works for segmenting. I have not segmented any pens for a bit now. I have to get back to that soon.

Top Bottom