Richmond Penturning Club Demo Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I am leading a discussion on turning resin pens at tonight's meeting of the Richmond Penturning Club. Part of the discussion will be on back painting. I made two blanks from the same pour and then made two pens, one back painted and one not, to show the difference. I also made an overly brittle blank to illustrate drilling blow-outs and turning a very chippy blank.

IMG_5397.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

That's a great idea and, as Mark said, great topics to cover. Inlace Acrylester is my drilling nemesis.
I mentioned inlace acrylester as a very brittle blank. My advice is do not use a brad point but, drill at lower rpm's and slowly, and maybe cut the blank a little long.

howsitwork

Ah Cody

Now I could have saved you the bother of deliberately blowing a blank to illustrate your talk 😉 by sending you a few I'd already prepared 😇

Great idea , just shame it's Richmond USA not Richmond North Yorkshire ( about 30 miles up the road from me )🥹

Just for clarification can you identify which pen was back painted and which not in the first shot ?

regards and thanks

Cwalker935

Ah Cody

Now I could have saved you the bother of deliberately blowing a blank to illustrate your talk 😉 by sending you a few I'd already prepared 😇

Great idea , just shame it's Richmond USA not Richmond North Yorkshire ( about 30 miles up the road from me )🥹

Just for clarification can you identify which pen was back painted and which not in the first shot ?

regards and thanks
The pen on the left was back painted.

Top Bottom