In Memoriam
Next meeting:
Thursday November 10 – 6:30 -
Richmond Woodcraft

Agenda:
1) Show off your pens
2) Demonstration – Making and finishing Snakeskin blanks

Available for purchase at meeting:
Snakeskin and WallStreetII/Sierra Style tube - $3.00. After applying the skin to the tube, you can either bring it home to cast or use one of the slow speed turners to build up a finish. Note – if you are going to cast; it is best to use CA to adhere to tube. If using the build-up method, I will bring some repositional adhesive which is somewhat easier.

Also a number of people were interested in purchasing a slow speed turner for buildup of CA (and other things). I will have a number of these available for $17.00 which includes a small motor, a control box to adjust speed, 9 volt battery, a mandrel with Delrin bushings, etc. This is a complete setup ready to use.

What to bring:
$ if you want to purchase items;
CA - if you have both thin and medium bring both or you can buy at store. Easier to start with thin, but will make it work with either
Accelerator – bring if you have or you can buy at store or share with neighbor.
Small plastic baggies – the ones that come with pen kits. Useful for applying CA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Culprit

I haven't been to one of your meetings before, but I think I can make it this Thursday. I haven't turned pens in a couple years since going back to school and moving in March, but I graduate next month and have been unpacking my tools and setting up shop in my new garage, so I'm excited to get back into it.

Can we bring our own tubes from a different kit to use, or is the skin already cut for that specific size? I was thinking about bringing a Bolt Action tube.

Thank you for organizing this and I hope to see you all Thursday.

Culprit

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
The skins are already cut but I will bring some uncut if you bring the dimensions. Looking forward to seeing you there.
I haven't been to one of your meetings before, but I think I can make it this Thursday. I haven't turned pens in a couple years since going back to school and moving in March, but I graduate next month and have been unpacking my tools and setting up shop in my new garage, so I'm excited to get back into it.

Can we bring our own tubes from a different kit to use, or is the skin already cut for that specific size? I was thinking about bringing a Bolt Action tube.

Thank you for organizing this and I hope to see you all Thursday.

Culprit

Top Bottom