Richard Raffan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Got sucked into a youtube blackhole of watching this guy turn bowls. Amazing stuff. You'd think that he was turning butter his cuts are so smooth and effortless. FYI, his Taunton Press books are amazing for anyone looking at an intro to woodturning.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomtedesco

Was lucky enough to see a live demo of his in Wyoming some years back. Amazing use of a monster skew to make small goblets so small that he lost one in the shavings on floor and could not find it. Well worth the time if you get a chance to see a demo of his.

howsitwork

Worth watching Bill Jones who did some stuff at Utah for AAW , he and Alan Batty ( Stuart Beatty's dad ) are sadly no longer with us but their demonstrations were taped and are available via u tube. Their work on hand chasing threads is exquisite, link is below.

I was blessed to meet both these gentlemen and call Alan a friend .

donstephan

There are many good books and videos on turning, but in my opinion none better than the book and video pairs by Richard Raffan. I can re-watch a video after several months and pick up a better understanding or tehnique that I missed before. And the books have so much information they are very worthwhile reference books. My Turning Wood book was a revised edition, and last spring I had an opportunity to purchase the first edition. It was very interesting to see holding methods that were essential before 4 jaw chucks were perfected.

Top Bottom