Ribbons???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In another thread, this post went unnoticed:

"Jeff Powell went above and beyond the call by procuring the Ribbons for the Cartridge pen contest , is there any chance of getting Ribbons for all the pen contests ? We would need three for each of the contests ."

I believe Landon (Hunter27) was the author.

This is worth discussion!!!

3 ribbons per contest (first, second, third) with rosette centers, would cost less than $10 Three prizes cost over $100.

Is there merit to getting some of these to alleviate some of the pressure for prizes???

Talk amongst yourselves, but post your discussions here, please!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, ENOUGH talking amongst yourselves!!!!

If we are going to pursue this, it would take a couple weeks (14 days-ish) to get em made.

Do we want to have this option???

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
If we're doing only weekly prizes for the trivia, we're in excellent shape in terms of prizes, Ed...

We also have the option of doing daily trivia prizes if I ask the forum membership for boxes of blanks. I have a feeling that they'll be offered anyway once the bash is announced, and it would be helpful if we know how many prizes we'll need in total.

So I think the next logical step is to start sorting prizes and see how it looks in terms of prize allocations - and go from there. We could do this very quickly, once we hear from Curtis re: Alumilite. I haven't heard from him yet, and Alumilite usually gives a sizable donation.

Ribbons are a cool idea, however...we should definitely think about it for next year at the very least. Might be nice this year too, but I hesitate to recommend another expenditure when we're still uncertain how much money will be raised with the new paypal restrictions on fundraising.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is another option...for the bigger, "talent" contests, I would be willing to donate mesquite laser engraved plaques. I have a laser engraver that would make them for me for free, I think. If not, then I am sure we can find an IAP member with a laser that would be willing to to the engraving if I send them the plaques. Then you could have a nice layout with the IAP logo as well as the contest and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. This would give something much more tangilbe for folks to hang on to and hang on the wall. This could be done in addition to prizes and might get more participation. Heck, the folks that do shows could even put them in their booth to look more accomplished. Just a thought!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sounds like a GREAT suggestion, Curtis!!

I still believe people participate in the contests for "bragging rights" more than for prizes (no offense meant, Andrew). Reinforcing those "bragging rights", so someone can post a picture in two years in his room full of IAP trophies>>>..........................

I think it has merit.

BUT the purpose of this thread was not to "lobby" for ONE idea, rather to invite ideas such as Curtis' !! Any other possibilities spring to mind??

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, Andrew, I for one will not let you retire that easily!!:biggrin::biggrin:

HOWEVER, we may evolve to using the vendors for Jeff's donation "chance to win" contest and allowing the contests to be for a trophy and, using the verbage made popular in my stint in the Jaycees,

a certificate, suitable for framing!!

Yes, my talents were FREQUENTLY employed in this regard. I even DONATED the paper and toner!!!!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Pretty simple, you can do anyting that can be printed. I woudl sugest using the bash logo and then going from there. I may have some time to work on it and have done a bunch int he past. Let me know if you want me to do it if we want ot go that route.

Top Bottom