Returned from the abyss

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dpstudios

dpstudios

Rummaging around last wee, I found an old box of components and blanks from 2003/04. one of the bags within contained a dozen slim-lines. Seeing as I haven't turned one in ages, I thought ,"Why not!" So I turned six. Here are the results.
#'s 1&2 are Crushed velvet acrylic(?)
#3 Home brew LD
#'s 4&5 Paralam I cut back then
# 6 300 yr old French white oak from some flooring I just milled in the shop
Also included are a couple of new Art Decos in 300 yr old French chestnut from the same run as the oak and Amboyna burl from the old box of goodies.
The beads are about to be cast into blanks.
Enjoy & as always, C&C's welcome.
Dan

Attachments

• 6 Slim-lines.jpg
    6 Slim-lines.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 264
  • art deco pewter-beads.jpg
    art deco pewter-beads.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 221
  • artdeco chrome beads.jpg
    artdeco chrome beads.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice, and interesting creativity with the slims !

Nice Art Decos also ... very attractive kit !

BTW ... which abyss ? ... if you don't mind giving an account of your travels !!

Last edited:

dpstudios

The abyss is what I call the time before Hurricane Katrina where I lost just about everything in the flood and the resulting mess. The small box that I found was in a slightly larger box of items recovered from my shop after the storm and had been sitting in the deepest, darkest recesses of the attic in my new home. Now that I've started turning pens again I remembered that I had some stuff from that time and went in search of it and Lo & Behold there it was. On a similar note I searched this site and found my old account here at IAP.
Go to http://www.penturners.org/forum/search.php?searchid=9540957&photoplog_searchinfo=1 to see some of my work from that period.
Thanks
Dan

Top Bottom