Retirement Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

A friend asked me if I could do something with a '67 Chevele Convertible. His brother is retiring and he wanted it for a gift. The brother has a '67 Chevele and he wanted something to do with that. I was able to find a picture and put it and his brothers name on the pen. I wanted to make a stand and asked him to write a note. I made the stand and engraved it along with his signature on the bottom. Questions and Comments are Welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_3991.jpeg
    IMG_3991.jpeg
    409.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3992.jpeg
    IMG_3992.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 104
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I have a Sculpfun S10 laser and use Light Burn Software. I'm not a computer or tech type person so I was reluctant to get one. A friend of mine helped me set it up and get started and it's been a blast. It won't engrave some acrylics but does great on wood. It will cut up to 1/4" with no problem but multiple passes. It's opened up a lot of doors with my woodworking. I don't think I could do without it now.

Kenny Durrant

Sorry, I didn't read your first post properly, but I'm sure that you are a good brother anyway.
No problem. I try to be a good brother and overall good person but sometimes people don't allow me to be that person. Or at least it seems that way. Ha Ha. The older I get the more that seems to be the case.

jttheclockman

Love the pen but love the stand even more. Am, a sucker when I see people expand their field of woodworking and incorporate a stand or a hand made box with a gift pen.

Kenny Durrant

Nice. Wonder what that car is worth now?
I had a '66 Corvette.
No telling. I had a '66 GT Mustang. There was a bolt on the driver side that adjusted the incline of the back of the seat. It was broken so I had a hammer that worked just fine. It was completely concealed but my wife hated the car just because of that. Therefore I sold it. Now I couldn't afford to buy another one.

jttheclockman

Thanks John. I enjoy making the stands as much as the pens. Not sure if it's allowed to say something like that here. I think it adds so much more.
Well sir I am going to tell you this I am stealing your idea. That is right I am stealing it or at least the basic idea.:):) I am sure I will add a feature or 2 but I have a pen I want to make for myself and it is to commemorate my driving Chevy Silverado's for over 20 years now. I have been wanting to make myself a pen for so long and this idea has been in my head for a long time. I hope I can pull it off and now I have a stand to put it on. I may even make a bowie box for it too if it is that special. Thanks for showing.

Kenny Durrant

John I don't think it's stealing. Take it for what you want and do as you please. It's not like I haven't seen others pens and not tried their ideas. I'm flattered that someone would want to try to do something I tried. Good Luck.

Top Bottom