Restored, not made

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MRDucks2

MRDucks2

A smallish cabinet 8" deep, about 16" wide and 20" tall. Picked it up from a guys shed when getting a used dining room set for one of my daughters. Either $20 or $25. We just liked the Eastlake influences.

F4117362-8802-42E2-AFC8-80F28AF2C860.jpeg

FCE535E6-3784-4C96-A222-E7EBA54AA25C.jpeg

Wife decided she wanted it as a spice cabinet so began to repair the damage. After removing the bottom, fixing the back panel, fixing misc other damage with 4 different glue ups, making a shelf to fit the unique adjustable shelf rails, partially sanding the bottom then sealing in the character it is now off to the wife. She will "antique" the oak using colored paints she wipes on then wipes off and on the kitchen wall it will go.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

WOW!!! What a great find. I haven't seen a piece like that in like forever. Great eye Mike.
Thanks. Funny thing was he had a lot of stuff, most in poor condition and he wanted too much for a lot of it. Then he pulled down this little cabinet at a great price and I can fix wood.😊

MRDucks2

That is some beautiful white oak. Amazing rays & fleck
We have also restored a buffet of the same character. Bought a square dining table of it, too. On the table it is crazy because the same highly figured oak is used for the unseen structure and interior of the pedestal, too.

MRDucks2

I wouldn't do anything beyond a clear coat on that piece... fantastic looking wood.
I would probably do the same but she has an idea and it is for the kitchen. Her work turns out nicely. Occasional we will get a piece so nice we both decide to keep it near original. In 35 years we have learned each other pretty well.

howsitwork

I would probably do the same but she has an idea and it is for the kitchen. Her work turns out nicely. Occasional we will get a piece so nice we both decide to keep it near original. In 35 years we have learned each other pretty well.
and a happy wife = no questioning of tool acquisition ! Wise move !

Plus in the kitchen it might earn some culinary rewards for the repairer 😉👩‍🍳

Top Bottom