Restoration work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

Every once in awhile I'll have someone ask me to restore an old knife. Usually all I have to do is replace the handle and most are very easy. Some restoration work I've been asked to do is on knives that are very old or old family gifts that someone's neglected for some time. The worst restoration I've ever done was on a knife that went through the Carr fire in Redding CA. It was, first off, a hidden tang knife that was twisted, bent down and bent to one side and was very brittle. These two here were much easier but the Tanto was a bit of a challenge as I couldn't remove the pommel and the hidden tang had to be done in two pieces. The wood is Koa. The medallion on the skinner is an upper skull with flames behind it. The person who asked for the work is a big time biker (not a Wild Hog biker but more like the Del Fuegos, but a supper nice guy). These knives were knives he had when he was young and just recently found them again. Thanks for looking.

Chad restore skinner A.jpg Chad restore skinner B.jpg Chad restore tanto A.jpgChad restore tanto B.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Nice. I find the relative size of the palm swell on the Tanto to be interesting. I see why he would want it restored. The skinner is just a nice knife all the way around.

Nice. I find the relative size of the palm swell on the Tanto to be interesting. I see why he would want it restored. The skinner is just a nice knife all the way around.

Thanks Mike. Like with all my knives that I make, if it feels good in my hand it will usually feel good in the owners hand. I also run every knife by my wife, if she says it's good to go then it's good. Otherwise, I have to adjust until she feels it meets her expectations. I did some research on both knives and it looks to me like the Tanto was originally done is some type of wrap, like para-cord. I don't like that look or feel so I went with the Koa. Funny thing was the Koa was what I considered junk, no sparkle or anything special about it and it turned out really nice.

Top Bottom