Respirators advice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hanau

I may be in the market for a respiratory in the near future.

I never really looked into them before. So know nothing about them.

I have the rz mask and don't care to much for them feels like I'm suffocating in them.

See some of the full face ones that are like $2k for one. That's out of my budget at the moment.

Any recommendations to look at?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sly Dog

Yes, a wide variety of models and prices depending on your needs and resources. I needed one mainly for protection against CA glue fumes because I developed an allergy to them but still want to use CA as a finish from time to time. I have the 3M 7502 and like it for several reasons: (i) interchangeable dust filters for wood dust and charcoal canisters for fumes (ii) it vents straight downward so it doesn't fog my face shield or safety glasses, (iii) reasonable price (I think it was under $30.00). Fairly comfortable, too. As you noted, if you have the dough there much better options out there. Good luck!

Russ

Attachments

• A0331668-14C5-421F-916F-DC6403CC9C8D.jpeg
    A0331668-14C5-421F-916F-DC6403CC9C8D.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 146

WriteON

Just bought one. I called 3m and explained what I'm using it for. They recommended a model. Cost about $39.. plus shipping and tax. It's all about the filters. Read instructions or watch a Utube. The respirator has 2 safety function tests.

Last edited:

DrD

Just bought one. I called 3m and explained what I'm using it for. They recommended a model. Cost about $39.. plus shipping and tax. It's all about the filters. Read instructions or watch a Utube. The respirator has 2 safety function tests.
What did 3M recommend?

WriteON

What did 3M recommend?
I went with the1/2 mask as I wear goggles over my eyewear. Model# 6211PA1-A
I ordered online from HomeDepot.
6211 is medium. Large has a different #. 3M customer service is helpful and they aim to please. They answer questions... don't try to sell anything. Support was very good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom