Resizing photos in Windows Vista

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtate

Okay, I bought a new laptop. It has VISTA. I remember seeing a mention of a Windows XP add-on that could automatically resize photos so they're not so frickin' big. IS there a similar thing for Vista?

Julia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Do a search for 'Windows Power Toys'
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by jtate
<br />Okay, I bought a new laptop. It has VISTA. I remember seeing a mention of a Windows XP add-on that could automatically resize photos so they're not so frickin' big. IS there a similar thing for Vista?

Julia

its_virgil

Your search probably sent you to the Microsoft website and the add ons would be for all versions of windows or at least the latest ones. Other picture resizing programs may not be updated for Vista yet. the WPT resizer works great and can do one or several at once...a new size is just a right click away.
do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by tas2181
<br />Julia,
The Windows Powertoys one says it is not for Vista but the one that donwae recommended says that it is.
Tom

gerryr

Google has made some changes to Picasa and it doesn't work very well anymore, or at least not on Vista. When I was using the previous version or Picasa and XP Pro, I could put a photo on the desktop and Picasa would automatically add it. Now, with the newest version and Vista, I can put a photo on the desktop and Picasa will register that it's there but it never shows up on the list of photos. I have to fool around with the "file" command before I can edit it. I was pretty pleased with Picasa but now I'm getting ready to buy a photo editing package or spend some time figuring out Gimp.

airrat

I do all my resizing with ACDsee. Cost money for the program but I have been happy with it. I just got a new laptop and have not tried it yet with Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom