Resin Sources

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I think we need a sticky with Resin sources.

I know of three resins in commone use, but quite a few sources.

PR Resin (Silmar 41 being the most common)

Alumilite (Though I have YET to get a decent pour)

Clear Epoxy Resin (West Systems being what I use)

In the last week I've ordered the West Systems from 3 places. 1 refunded my order as Out of Stock, the second refunded my order as UPS wouldn't ship the 207 hardener for them, and now I'm on my third vendor (fingers crossed).

I tried a can of PR from Michael's last night to see if I can switch resins on this material or if PR will melt it as I fear. (fingers crossed)

But this all leads me back to.... We should have a list of known sources for our resins, maybe with links to the product pages if available, no prices since that could change.

Thoughts?

Scruffy

Yea! I think it is a great idea.

I would not mind seeing a score card type of spread sheet.

Resin type, Source, delivery experience, good application experience, bad application experience, 1-5 results in measure areas. (cure time, work time, results, turn results, hardness,... )

I like your idea, I may have gone over board extending it.

Russianwolf

Found out my supplier for the West Systems Epoxy Resin has stopped carrying the entire line. Have to find a whole new supplier. Hopefully Third Times the charm.

PR didn't work for me. Heat generated killed the material and had a weird effect on the tube mold.

I don't mind compiling the info into a chart of some kind, but people will need to feed the info to me since I obviously can't buy from all the suppliers.

Product:
Supplier name:
link to product:
Shipping satisfaction:

If we want to expand it into the resin qualities as well, that's fine too. I think Ed may have done something like that already though.

Top Bottom