Resin Cup

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I bought this three chamber resin pouring cup and I'm liking the results. Obviously, it lets you pour all three colors at once. There are other variations with more or less chambers. I believe it holds 8 ounces of resin.
2FBDC2DF-F9F6-47E7-B8FA-6FF9B6B6687A.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

I didn't know such a thing existed. The professional casters probably knew about these long ago.

Should make vertical rod casting much easier than trying to hold multiple cups in each hand.

Thank you for posting about it, Ken. And the blanks look great.

KenB259

I didn't know such a thing existed. The professional casters probably knew about these long ago.

Should make vertical rod casting much easier than trying to hold multiple cups in each hand.

Thank you for posting about it, Ken. And the blanks look great.
I happened to see it in a casting video. After the resin cures, it pulls right off the cup, made of silicone.

JohnU

I've always made inserts to fit inside my pouring cups to divide chambers. They are easier to clean when the inserts come out.

woodwzrd

I've printed several of these on my 3D printer and really like the results as well. I made a set of 4 that goes from two chambers up to five chambers for my son for Christmas which are a slightly different design than what I have printed for myself and they produce very similar results. The ones that I have printed are rigid and you can't get the cured resin out but I have gotten quite a few pours out of them and there is still plenty of capacity in the cup to pour at least a set of 4 hybrids. My plan is to try to print a set with flexible filament and see if I can flex them enough to get the cured resin out without damage to the cup.

Top Bottom