resin casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lum4867

Hi all;

I am very new to turning and I am finding all kinds of info from this group. All of you have alot of interesting information that newbies can use.

I know this question has nothing to do with turning but it does have to do with casting. About 10 years ago my mother-in-law past away and we took a rose for each grandkid. There was a gentelmen that took the rose and made a paper weight using resin.

My question is: Does any body know how to do this or can you tell me of a place to get this information, My wife would like to start makeing paper weights using flowers, roses, fishing lures and other things.

It would take him about 6 weeks to make them. I think alot of this time was to dry out the roses but I am not sure. So any help at all would be of great help.

Thank you to all that help me with this.
Bill

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
The flowers do need to be fully dried. Then it is a matter of having a mould the proper size and pouring the resin/epoxy/whatever, degassing and letting it set.

GK

coconuts

Hello i am currently in the process of making pens out of the coconut palm tree leafs, there is only one company to get the proper chemicals needed and they do not supply to individuals. they do supply my company if you like more info contact me i will help you,you need to use special products to dry and then cure your roses. JF.

Top Bottom