rescued Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rifleman1776

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

Below is my first Baron. I became a fan of the Baron after receiving one in the Pen In Hat exchange. It is certainly an elegant looking writing instrument. I don't drive a Mercedes or wear a Rolex watch but this pen will sure send a 'status' message that belies what my financial statement really says. [:eek:)] Anyhow, this is a 'rescued' pen. I forgot to insert the coupler but was given a rescue tip by others after I sent out an e-SOS. The kit came from BB at Arizona Silhouettes. For anyone contemplating doing one of these, it helps to lay out the mandrel, bushings and parts while reading the instructions. By itself the instructions aren't much help, you need the parts as a visual guide for it all to make sense. It also helps to FOLLOW the instructions, unlike what I did. [:I]

20053521957_ab%20Baron%20pen.jpg

There is one place in the instructions that is confusing. On step 3.B. it does not mention inserting the decorative BAND that sandwiches the black CENTER BAND COUPLER with the CENTER BAND. Fortunately, I had my gift Baron on hand and noticed the discrepancy before assembling incorrectly. As far as my misteak, I was pretty upset, thinking I had ruined a kit and a drop-dead beautiful piece of Afzelia Burl wood. This really is an easy pen to make and may now take over first place as my favorite over the European.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful pen and nice save, Frank! It's my overall favorite kit. Great value for the price and makes for an expensive-looking pen.

Gary

Nice save and nice work. Frank. Maybe you should pass your comments regarding the instructions to BB. I'm sure he would welcome any ideas that will improve on the kit.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by rtjw
<br />But I wanna know about this pen in the hat thingy. Where do I sign up.
Johnny, the Pen-in-the-hat was a special event during The IAP Birthday Bash this past January. It was a program where you could submit your name, committing to make a pen for someone and receive a pen from someone, both transactions being drawn out of a hat, so it was random. It was a lot of fun, but probably won't be repeated until our second birthday, <b>January 1, 2006</b>!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom