Remembrance Day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dueyvan

Dueyvan

It's Remembrance Day here in Canada on November 11. I made this Maple Leaf pen out of Curly Maple to give away to someone who catches my attention on my Facebook feed. Don't know how I'll decide but it's about veterans.
9A67FBB1-164B-4D57-AF01-40B7687ADD16.jpeg

9A67FBB1-164B-4D57-AF01-40B7687ADD16.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

When I think of November 11 I am always deeply sobered.

We call it Remembrance Day. .
But, really, not many of us know exactly what it is that we are remembering . . in fact we can't, because most of us weren't there.
Many were not born until years afterwards.

But all that aside, we can certainly honor those who were there, and . . . especially those who did not live to remember.

None of us really knows the full extent of the experiences those people went through.
But all of us are the beneficiaries of their participation in those experiences.

I find it very touching that our friend, Duane, has posted this thread showing his pens as well as some symbols of that Day's meaning.

THANK YOU, Duane. .

Thank you for reminding us of the incalculable debt we owe to folks we never knew but who knew the value of the price they were paying.

Who among us can begin to imagine what might have been if they had not been willing to make that sacrifice.

Who can imagine what might come about even still if we forget what has happened in years past.

Very sobering indeed . . . especially in these current times of great uncertainty.

Top Bottom