? regarding Cactus Juice smell in pump oil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

frankonthetis

Have a Turntex 6" chamber and use Cactus Juice. My Rotary Vane pump is a SuperCool Model 18406, 3 CFM 1/4hp. Use the newest Cactus juice formula and have never had that big rush of bubbles at the start many uTube stabilizing videos show. Never noticed any indication of fluid back flow from chamber to pump in the clear piping. Have noticed a very distinct Cactus juice smell when changing the oil, about every 4 stabilizing processes. The pump and chamber are at the same level on my bench.
Have read about issues if the juice backflows into the pump but is there reason to be concerned about the smell?
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Have a Turntex 6" chamber and use Cactus Juice. My Rotary Vane pump is a SuperCool Model 18406, 3 CFM 1/4hp. Use the newest Cactus juice formula and have never had that big rush of bubbles at the start many uTube stabilizing videos show. Never noticed any indication of fluid back flow from chamber to pump in the clear piping. Have noticed a very distinct Cactus juice smell when changing the oil, about every 4 stabilizing processes. The pump and chamber are at the same level on my bench.
Have read about issues if the juice backflows into the pump but is there reason to be concerned about the smell?
Thanks
Difficult to say , probably depends on whether the volatile causing the smell will interact with the pump seals . Try throwing that question at Curtis at TurnTex . My practice is to change the oil after each session to be ultra safe , but I`ve not yet used any of the new formulation .

I have a filtering system attached to my system. Don't know all the particulars about it but if you PM me I can tell you all that I had to do. The system I have also cuts down (removes) on the mist given off by my vacuum pump which keeps the shop clear of all the "fog" created by the vacuum process. I don't have any "smell" on my system until I actually turn a finished product, but the smell is not that bad.

Thanks Wayne & Tom for your responses. Tom, do I click on the "Start Conversation" button that pops up when placing my cursor over wolf creek knives. Have never used the PM service before.
Yep. That will send it directly to me without anyone else seeing it, not that I'm not willing to share what I have with anyone else on the forum.

Top Bottom