A while back I switched to Mercury Flex CA. I'm not sure if it was my technique, the CA, or something else (vengeful goddess) but over the course of about 6 months the finish started to develop tiny cracks. It's been another 6 months or so since I first noticed the problem and it has only gotten worse. Luckily I was in a fairly slow period of my pen making and I didn't make too many with the Mercury Flex before I switched back to my tried and true BSI. This week I still had 4 pens with the bad finish and decided to bite the bullet and get them refinished. Interestingly the bad CA came off the skew like dust while turning, not the usual long plastic ribbons. Other than that interesting tidbit and struggling (and learning a few things) with disassembly, it has been a long hard slog. Making the same exact pen again is painful, but I hope they hold up better this time. Much respect to you production guys out there.