refils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I just made a Manhattan(sp) and noticed that the parker style refill dries up (rather quickly) on the tip. I haven't done many of these, I mostly have done cross type and rollerball, now on rollerball, I buy better refills because I have had that happen to them. But the parker style is a ballpoint like the cross and I haven't really had this problem with the cross style. So do I, can I or should I buy a higher quality refill for the parker style than what comes with the kit and where do some of you get them?
Thanx
Curt

ps. It's only 74 degrees in the house here so it's not because of extreme heat.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I just made a Manhattan(sp) and noticed that the parker style refill dries up (rather quickly) on the tip. I haven't done many of these, I mostly have done cross type and rollerball, now on rollerball, I buy better refills because I have had that happen to them. But the parker style is a ballpoint like the cross and I haven't really had this problem with the cross style. So do I, can I or should I buy a higher quality refill for the parker style than what comes with the kit and where do some of you get them?
Thanx
Curt

ps. It's only 74 degrees in the house here so it's not because of extreme heat.
The short answer is yes you should replace them....many folks on here use Schmidt easyFlow 9000 refills, some vendors ship their kits with them and they are available from a number of sources here, including myself, and probably at your favorite office supply store (they will probably cost less here). There are other refills that are also better than the stock refills that come with most kits as well.

Last edited:

CREID

Thanks for the comments, my internet access went down shortly after I posted my question, and I just got it back.
Also I would like to ask, is the refill that is included in the kits considered medium or fine and has anyone had any experience with the Monteverde refills for Parker style, I seen them on the Staple's website?
Thanx
Curt
ps I will check out your site Smitty, right now I need to put a refill in for someone so I will have to buy at a store (kind of expensive).

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks for the comments, my internet access went down shortly after I posted my question, and I just got it back.
Also I would like to ask, is the refill that is included in the kits considered medium or fine and has anyone had any experience with the Monteverde refills for Parker style, I seen them on the Staple's website?
Thanx
Curt
ps I will check out your site Smitty, right now I need to put a refill in for someone so I will have to buy at a store (kind of expensive).
I think all of the ball point refills that come with the kits are medium point....the rollerballs are either medium or fine, mostly medium. Depending on the quantity my site is not necessarily the lowest priced.

Top Bottom