Redwood, buckeye and maple burl pen blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hi Guys, I've been a little scarce here on IAP lately.....got a cancer thing going on and just finished a 6 month chemo protocol. Happy to say it was not difficult and it's over now so......I'm offering a few pen blanks for sale...hopefully someone here can use 'em. : )

RP8, $25.00 + $6.00 to ship = $31.00 total. Five old growth redwood burl pen blanks. Dimensions in the pics. Misted pics show two sides. Pics taken outside, full sun. I really like this wood. Old growth and very hard. They should make some amazing pens. These pen blanks came from Humboldt County, California near Falk, a historic little logging town and lumber mill created in the early days of redwood logging. Google "Falk, historic logging town" and see some history of the area from where these pieces came.

rp8a.jpg

rp8b.jpg

RP9, $25.00 + $6.00 to ship = $31.00 total. Five old growth redwood burl pen blanks. Dimensions in the pics. Misted pics show two sides. Pics taken outside, full sun. I really like this wood. Old growth and very hard. They should make some amazing pens. These pen blanks came from Humboldt County, California near Falk, a historic little logging town and lumber mill created in the early days of redwood logging. Google "Falk, historic logging town" and see some history of the area from where these pieces came.

rp9a.jpg

rp9b.jpg

BP4 $25.00 + $6.00 to ship = $31.00 total. Buckeye burl pen blanks. Five pieces, misted pics show two sides. I cut 'em at 7/8 and then sanded on all faces so they maybe a little under 7/8".

bp4b (2).jpg

bp4a (2).jpg

MP42 $20.00 + $6.00 to ship = $26.00 total. Bigleaf maple burl pen blanks. Five pieces measure 7/8 x 7/8 x 5" long. Misted pics show two sides.

mp42a.jpg

mp42b.jpg

MP186 $25.00 plus $6.00 to ship = $31.00 total. Bigleaf maple burl spalted pen blanks. Five pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Misted pics show two sides. Spalted wood is soft and breakable. Stabilizing will be necessary for these. Gonna be amazing when stabilized and on a pen.

mp186a.jpg

mp186b.jpg

That's all guys...claim 'em here and I'll PM you with details. Thank you, Rocky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Humboldt does have some nice wood up there. I was up visiting our granddaughter and took some time to shop. Picked up a nice slab of maple burl. There's a mill south of Eureka (https://www.facebook.com/altonlumberandburl/) that has some really great stuff.

And, glad to hear that you're doing better. Had my own bought with cancer several years ago.
Thanks Ray...lots of people get it...had no idea until I saw the chemo room full of people. Love Humboldt County...logged over there for years.

rockb

Hey Rocky, I knew you had something going on
you are in my prayers
Thank you Terry.....I appreciate it and prayers worked. Had a scan that showed no problems......might make it another year or two. ; )
Cancer helps to set your priorities. : )

Top Bottom