Redneck Ratmobile and Polar Camel slidey lid.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I can now confirm that the Polar Camel Bash mug does indeed take the slide top lid. I ordered one on Amazon last week and it came from somewhere on the planet.
It works a charm. It isn't fully liquid proof but is more than good enough for being in a vehicle cup holder..... It matches my Ratmobile perfectly 😁

Now that I'm semi retired.....I gave my work pick up back and last year I bought my own. It's an old Mitsubishi L200 Warrior. I decided to give it a bit of redneck treatment.
The roof and bonnet ( hood) clear coat was peeling so I painted it with textured Raptor bed liner. I fitted 30mm wheel spacers, wind deflectors, dark taillights, and the best bit is the redneck sunvisor ( the sun never actually shines in Wales though ).
mug4.jpg
mug1.jpg
mug2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Nice job on the retrofit, Steven. I haven't seen a sunvisor like that on a vehicle in many years.

Curly

What are the black things on the bumper in front of the headlights? Washers or holders for embassy and sports team flags?

We don't have Mitsubishi trucks here in Canada. Too much competition from The "big three" and Toyota, Nissan, Mazda. I have a Nissan Pro4X Kingcab and if I had my druthers it would have bed liner painted on the entire exterior. No rock chips or shopping car rash. :)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Pete, those are headlight washers.
I think you would be surprised by how connected the big boys are. I reckon it's not competition but rather behind the scenes agreements and deals they have with each other for different areas.
MMI....is Mazda Mitsubishi Industries and recently Fiat brought out the Fullback. It's a rebadged Mitsubishi L200.
Mercedes also have brought out a pick up. I can't remember what , but it too is a clone. :)

My last three work trucks were a Nissan Navara's with the Tekna spec. They all were really nice to drive but did each have issues and recalls. Most modern 'trucks' in the UK are really just 'soft roaders' with electronic selectable 2 or 4 wheel drive etc. The slightly more industrial pick ups have manual selection and selectable diff lock etc.

just about every vehicle manufacturer now has a Lifestyle 4x4 ....even Bentley and Maserati...😎

Last edited:

howsitwork

Why not get a snorkel fitted and complete the look, and don't tell me it never rains that deep in Wales !!! Been there, forded that "stream" etc. etc....!!!!!

Glad to see your humour has recovered as well as you ! Stay safe in the current floods!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
@ Edgar, I would have imagined that that type of addition would have been quite popular down south and in Texas. I have seen them as far afield as New Orleans to Pennsylvania to Washington DC and all over the New England states.
Lol....just need a rifle rack on the back window :)

@ Mal and Chuck, that truck is 17 years old but only had 77k miles on it. It is very comfortable though. It does still need some TLC though. Luckily no rust.:cool:

@ Ian, lol, ever wonder why Wales is so green.....
I have given some thought to fitting a snorkel as well as a bonnet edge chip guard.....
Couple of things have stopped me ....first it is just a tad too chavy ( lol...google that) second is that I think the snorkel would clash with the visor. Third is that it nearly broke my heart to drill fixing holes in the body for the visor. A snorkel needs huge holes. It would be like deliberately maiming your favourite child...:rolleyes:
I don't like the ends of any of the available bonnet protectors. I think they look vulnerable and unsupported.

@ Mark....I can't wait to get back at it. I reckon I have as many ideas on the back burner as our friend JT...,!!!
Unfortunately I'm suffering from peripheral neuropathy ( numbness and pins and needles) in my feet and hands.
It's hoped that it will fade away now that my treatment is much less. But only time will tell.
In the mean time, I can't risk getting wrapped around my lathe spindle while turning down some red hot and razor sharp stainless steel...o_O

Last edited:

PenPal

@ Edgar, I would have imagined that that type of addition would have been quite popular down south and in Texas. I have seen them as far afield as New Orleans to Pennsylvania to Washington DC and all over the New England states.
Lol....just need a rifle rack on the back window :)

@ Mal and Chuck, that truck is 17 years old but only had 77k miles on it. It is very comfortable though. It does still need some TLC though. Luckily no rust.:cool:

@ Ian, lol, ever wonder why Wales is so green.....
I have given some thought to fitting a snorkel as well as a bonnet edge chip guard.....
Couple of things have stopped me ....first it is just a tad too chavy ( lol...google that) second is that I think the snorkel would clash with the visor. Third is that it nearly broke my heart to drill fixing holes in the body for the visor. A snorkel needs huge holes. It would be like deliberately maiming your favourite child...:rolleyes:
I don't like the ends of any of the available bonnet protectors. I think they look vulnerable and unsupported.

@ Mark....I can't wait to get back at it. I reckon I have as many ideas on the back burner as our friend JT...,!!!
Unfortunately I'm suffering from peripheral neuropathy ( numbness and pins and needles) in my feet and hands.
It's hoped that it will fade away now that my treatment is much less. But only time will tell.
In the mean time, I can't risk getting wrapped around my lathe spindle while turning down some red hot and razor sharp stainless steel...o_O

The neuropathy is in my feet ,it preceeded type 2 diabetes I receive no treatment for. Two ops late last year both legs but still ulcered both feet dressed ever twice a week.After the radiation it burnt my colon ,my Mercedes is 1999 over 200,000km,love it. Apart from that my 85th birthday is looking sweet. Wilma says to say hi to you two,take care my friend.

Peter.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
The neuropathy is in my feet ,it preceeded type 2 diabetes I receive no treatment for. Two ops late last year both legs but still ulcered both feet dressed ever twice a week.After the radiation it burnt my colon ,my Mercedes is 1999 over 200,000km,love it. Apart from that my 85th birthday is looking sweet. Wilma says to say hi to you two,take care my friend.

Peter.

Hi Peter, I thought your birthday was in September?

I have learned so much over the last months since my diagnosises....diagnosisis....diagnosi....?? What the hell is the correct plural of diagnosis anyway? 😁 It seems that the main cause is often not the problem to be worried about, but often the side effects of the treatment.

For instance, I'd never even heard of Myeloma until I was told I had it. To me it sounded like a skin problem..... The drugs kind of take care of that side but its the side effects of those drugs that we have to deal with. Before they would start my chemo for the Myeloma, I had to visit a dentist and either get any required dental work done or get an All Clear from them. Apparently, having tooth work during this chemo could cause all sorts of major issues, like ONJ..... Osteonecrosis of the Jaw. I now use prescription toothpaste..
And now the steroids from both lurgys have brought on this T2 Diabetes......which in itself so far seems easy enough to manage, but you hear dozens of horror stories of people having foot and leg amputations !!! :oops:
My most dreaded side effect of the bowel treatment is the extremely weird temperature sensitivity to cold stuff. Touching cold things is like getting electrocuted and drinking anything colder than room temp is horrible. It feels like whatever you drink fizzes up as soon as it hits the front of your mouth. Breathing cold air just makes your throat seize up and gives you a squeaky voice !! 😁

Oh well......beats being in a box, I guess ;)

Please give your child bride a big hug from both of us. She is a very special lady.

The fires in Oz have taken a back seat to this new Coronavirus, have the fires stopped or been put under control yet?

Keep well.....and take care of your feet !!!!!!

howsitwork

Hi Peter, I thought your birthday was in September?

I have learned so much over the last months since my diagnosises....diagnosisis....diagnosi....?? What the hell is the correct plural of diagnosis anyway? 😁 It seems that the main cause is often not the problem to be worried about, but often the side effects of the treatment.

For instance, I'd never even heard of Myeloma until I was told I had it. To me it sounded like a skin problem..... The drugs kind of take care of that side but its the side effects of those drugs that we have to deal with. Before they would start my chemo for the Myeloma, I had to visit a dentist and either get any required dental work done or get an All Clear from them. Apparently, having tooth work during this chemo could cause all sorts of major issues, like ONJ..... Osteonecrosis of the Jaw. I now use prescription toothpaste..
And now the steroids from both lurgys have brought on this T2 Diabetes......which in itself so far seems easy enough to manage, but you hear dozens of horror stories of people having foot and leg amputations !!! :oops:
My most dreaded side effect of the bowel treatment is the extremely weird temperature sensitivity to cold stuff. Touching cold things is like getting electrocuted and drinking anything colder than room temp is horrible. It feels like whatever you drink fizzes up as soon as it hits the front of your mouth. Breathing cold air just makes your throat seize up and gives you a squeaky voice !! 😁

Oh well......beats being in a box, I guess ;)

Please give your child bride a big hug from both of us. She is a very special lady.

The fires in Oz have taken a back seat to this new Coronavirus, have the fires stopped or been put under control yet?

Keep well.....and take care of your feet !!!!!!

The reason you hear so much about the horror of T2 diabetes is that is creeps up on you really slowly so people dont take it seriously until they have neuropathy, ulcers etc and often they don't notice the ulcers until they're bad. Then people,start to take notice. Keep checking regularly, watch your diet and test your levels of blood sugar. Stay safe guys.
Peter you come across as so young can't believe you're 85 !

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ian, Peter's lovely better half, Wilma, is about a third of his age and keeps him on his toes !!!! :)
We were very fortunate to meet them in Canberra when on our 30th anniversary holiday. They took care of use for the whole day and showed us the sites of the capital.

Never did see a live kangaroo outside of a zoo though......:rolleyes:

PenPal

Wonderful to hear from you guys Skip is one of my heroes,forthright and special,his bride is lovely. Wilma now my best friend for 68 yrs we met when she was 15 and me I was a working man of two years apprenticed electrician. My blood sugar sits 5.5 to 7 occasionally no meds.When Skip visited Wilma went with the Skippies into our war memorial as my walking distances are short.

Our Wood Guild joined with the Canberra Show and a bloke had a flat platter made from Elm the most beautiful root Burl I have ever seen,apparently Richard Raffans brother brought it up from Tasmania,also Richard said he might be able to find me a piece or two.

Life is so wonderful and beaut people make it really worth while many thanks for your remarks howsit.

Kind regards Peter.

PS now you are retired drop me a pm mate with your phone number I remember it was tied up with your work previously mate.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
What are the black things on the bumper in front of the headlights? Washers or holders for embassy and sports team flags?

Cool idea Pete!!!!! πŸ‘ It just so happens to be St David's day here in the UK ( Patron Saint of Wales ) so what better way to show my allegiance ......😁

Unfortunately my dear wife wasn't too impressed with the adornment on her little MX5......o_O
1.jpg

3.jpg

Top Bottom