Redneck Chandelier

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

Minimal turning but this project did require several turned pieces.
40A2403C-574E-4520-B376-F70041FB6BBF.jpeg
5F630972-39A1-46BD-B310-6EC21C36001B.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

VERY cool !!!

How did you thread the pieces that are the subject of the previous question to accept the Ball jar being screwed in ?

The canning rings that came with the jars have the threads. I inserted and secured the rings into the turned recess.

Cwalker935

Awesome! But I gotta ask - Did Lida allow this into her kitchen?

Lida and my sister got together and informed me that our kitchen lighting was dated. After procrastinating as long as possible, I made these in an effort to stay out of the doghouse. Unfortunately, Lida is so pleased hat she now wants a larger one to go over the dining room table. A classic example of success turning into defeat in the war of the sexes.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Lida and my sister got together and informed me that our kitchen lighting was dated. After procrastinating as long as possible, I made these in an effort to stay out of the doghouse. Unfortunately, Lida is so pleased hat she now wants a larger one to go over the dining room table. A classic example of success turning into defeat in the war of the sexes.

My sincere condolences. The bedroom may be next :eek:. I'll suggest Bourbon bottles that start full! I saw some at a distillery in Kentucky and the lighting was awesome.

But truly, this looks very cool. Given the current state of affairs, we all need to laugh and have some fun poking jokes at ourselves. Very nice Cody!

Cwalker935

I know how to make the caps/lids for the jars, concerned how you attached the light sockets... were they the kind with the flat that you can screw to a wall or some other design??

The ceramic sockets have a threaded hole to screw on to allthread lamp rod. The lamp rod is secured with a nut on top.

Snowbeast

"Unfortunately, Lida is so pleased hat she now wants a larger one to go over the dining room table. A classic example of success turning into defeat in the war of the sexes. "

No good deed shall go unpunished.

Top Bottom