Red Mazzucchelli

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

I have had this red Mazzucchelli cellulose acetate in my "Special Blanks" drawer for a while and kept picking it up and then putting it down as it never really appealed. It appeareds more toward the orange end of the red spectrum. However I decided to make it on the weekend and ended up being really pleasantly surprised by it. The colour of the finished pen is a much deeper red than I had anticipated.

Its a shame that this stuff isn't made any more, but I guess the scarcity adds to its appeal too.

The pen has 13mm triple lead threads and sterling silver accents that are cut from sheet using a jewellers saw. The coin is cast by a company based on my own design. Nib is a Bock and it is fed by c/c. The black finials are made from acrylic.

The pen, when closed, is around 144mm and open it's about 133mm.

I am happy to receive feedback, both positive and "constructive" 😊. I will not be offended at all.

Cheers
Ash
tempImageENHjxa.jpgtempImageziQ87q.jpgtempImageSPEyVT.jpgtempImagekl5Qzw.jpgtempImage3o600e.jpgtempImagetDQLzC.jpgtempImager7xMXB.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Valleyboy

I never heard of that material however, here comes the "criticism". That pen is absolutely awesome. Definitely one of, if not the best example of pen craftsmanship I've seen. Beautiful ! Hope that I wasn't too harsh. Please don't take offense.
I admit I'm a little bit crushed by your comments, but I'll recover over time.

Thank you! 👍👍

Valleyboy

I'm glad you are a member here and come back to post your work regularly. This pen is beautiful, and inspiring to me to keep working on my craft. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks Todd. That's a very kind thing to say and I appreciate it. The only reason I post stuff is to give folk a few ideas so I'm glad it's helpful.

Cheers
Ash

Top Bottom