red malle burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rando81

rando81

Red malle burl from nolan , turned last weekend for a craft show. Was hoping to make enough for a new camera but traffic was slow and bearly broke even.

Attachments

• malle bowl.jpg
    malle bowl.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hosspen

Awesome bowl! I really like the creatures inside! How did you know they were in there? :)

Fred

That is definitely an excellent turning. The wood is fantastic! Will you be putting an type of wax or oil finish on it soon? I can't exactly tell from the photograph what you may have on it already, if anything!

Please post your source for the blank as I am sure others would like to know where it came from.

Grizz

Banned
That is one of the nicest pieces I've seen on this site. Wow!

PenPal

Red Mallee Burl

A friend of mine Skillo sends tons of Mallee to America that he cuts himself maybe Nolan buys from him. Wherever the bowl is great and that timber is never dull in my opinion.

When dry it sure is a hard timber to work with mostly people here working it wet or at least damp for that reason, makes fabulous pens as well.( pens always turned dry)

I agree the shape and lip treatment was sympathetic to that lovely grain.Well done.

Peter. PS an observation the prices over your way for the various Mallees is very favourable since it is a heavy timber and from where I live and a real lot is sent from take a look on the map just how far away we are from any of you in the USA, my Location
Canberra Australia as the Chinese said at the Olympics the centre of the universe as I am sure where you all live is as well.

Top Bottom