Red letter day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Pretty good day today. I had a vacation day today, so already a good start to the week. Turned two pens today and they both turned out great, no pun intended. The Celtic knot is the prettiest one I have personally ever made. I was running low on CA accelerant so I ran into my local wood store and while there I spied the prettiest piece of cocobolo that I personally have ever seen anywhere. I had bought an antique brass GT knurl kit that I wanted to make for myself and not to sell. I used a blank from the cocobolo I bought and I'm happy to report, it is now my edc pen. Now an ironic part to this whole story, is when I was putting the accelerant I bought into the cabinet, there was a brand new can in there. Had I known that, i would not have went to the wood store.
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1554.JPG
IMG_1558.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I love celtic knots with different layers. They just appear more vibrant and visually appealing than plain black and white, etc. With the end caps and rings, this is a beautiful pen. Beautiful Cocobolo, and I love your choice of kits!

Thanks for sharing.

jttheclockman

It was destiny. It was meant to be as they say. Nice work on both but the knot is my favorite too. Good job. thanks for showing.

KenB259

All beautiful. I would love to see how to make the first one.

Tony it's just a simple four sided Celtic knot. Nothing special about my technique. I use spacer material, I buy at USA knife maker, which is about .039 thick, then cut thin wood to make up the saw kerf, which in this case was .102. I'm attaching a picture of the spacer material I use. You can also get it from Amazon. I have bought it on Etsy as well. It is just resin impregnated paper.
IMG_0171.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

TonyL

Tony it's just a simple four sided Celtic knot. Nothing special about my technique. I use spacer material, I buy at USA knife maker, which is about .039 thick, then cut thin wood to make up the saw kerf, which in this case was .102. I'm attaching a picture of the spacer material I use. You can also get it from Amazon. I have bought it on Etsy as well. It is just resin impregnated paper. View attachment 234896

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
Thank you. One of the best that I have seen!

Top Bottom