Red Kitless Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Butlerwalt66

Butlerwalt66

I was pleased to see that the red of this acrylic wasn't *too* red (like a candy apple or fire engine red). A few firsts here: first shopmade section (ebonite); first triple-lead (m11x.8); first go at a more slender pen; and first attempt to house the clip around a tenon, then make the whole shebang all flush-like.

I used the red acrylic because I didn't particularly like the color, and figured I'd mess something up before I finished....but it turned out well enough, if a little long (it posts at 6.75," longer than the Venetian kit pen.)

I put a Bock #5, 1.1 italic nib on it, which writes remarkably well...it's smooth but grippy (in a good way), and gives some nice line variation.

Attachments

• IMG_E1067.jpg
    IMG_E1067.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregory Hardy

"Finish" you did, and it worked out very well! Congrats on all of the new steps in a single pen. This looks great. Tell me about that italic Bock nib. (PM if that's easier to avoid clouding the glory of the pen with my silly questions!) I, too, try to work on the smaller side - I just prefer the look. Again - beautiful pen.

Hello,
sorry to say, but the black nip on the pic 1 is not a 1.1,
if I see correct it is a 076 M. Same nip is in red also availabal.
best regards
Gerhard from Germany

And btw this is a realy nice FP

Last edited:

Butlerwalt66

Gerhard, good eye! You are correct. I had a 1.1 italic in it...I got it from Kara's Kustoms, and wanted to try it out- so I popped it in the pen and scribbled some stuff. I then put the black nib (pictured) back in it. What is pictured is a black-enameled #5 medium from Beaufort Ink, although the writing is from the italic nib. Sorry-I didn't mean to misrepresent the nibs involved. I stand corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

OZturner

Excellent Kitless Pen Walter,
I like the Slim Lines, and would love to see a Photograph of the Assembled Pen, so that the Profile and Proportions can be Gauged.
Superb Rounded Ends, and Excellent Section and Clip Mount.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom