recycled lumber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from triw51

triw51

On my vacation to FL (just got back) I build the grand kids a tree fort. Through a friend of my daughters I was able to purchase rough cut oak boards 2" x 6" 9' long for $5 each. They came from an old sawmill in GA. The metal roofing was recycled from a store in the area that had been used as interior wall covering again $5 each. The only lumber I purchased was the plywood for the floor. The slide was free also. One oak board I ripped was spalted wished I had known that ahead of time would have saved some.
Thanks for looking C&C welcome.

Attachments

• treefort2.jpg
    treefort2.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 295
  • treefort3.jpg
    treefort3.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 236
  • treefort1.jpg
    treefort1.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Looks good!

I often help landowners 'recycle' trees into Oak boards. They are happy to get $0.32/bdft oak boards, and I'm happy to receive the $0.34/bdft to cut them! Win-win!!

Nice score on the tin/metal....I've been looking around for some here locally, but everyone thinks those old rusted pieces are twice the price of new? Not sure how that happens, but it sure does.

Scott (plywood is silly priced too) B

triw51

Looks good!

I often help landowners 'recycle' trees into Oak boards. They are happy to get $0.32/bdft oak boards, and I'm happy to receive the $0.34/bdft to cut them! Win-win!!

Nice score on the tin/metal....I've been looking around for some here locally, but everyone thinks those old rusted pieces are twice the price of new? Not sure how that happens, but it sure does.

Scott (plywood is silly priced too) B

Scott the metal came from the inside of a department store where it was a wall covering.

Top Bottom