recommended luster pigments from Artstuf?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

If I were to order my luster pigments and dyes from Artstuf, what luster pigments would you recommend? I will probably order several smaller packages just to try them all out. I personally like the gold pigments over the typical pearlescent white, but I'd like to hear your opinions if you have bought from them.

As a side note, I am wanting to buy dye powder, but a lot of what they sell in powder form is obviously a pigment (ie, opaque, not transluescent). How can I tell if something is a dye from their site? (yes, btw, I did ask them and have not received a response so far...).

karlkuehn

Banned
For the mica pearl powder pigments, I just placed an order from Coastalscents.com. One of the Eds posted about it a while back and I bookmarked it at the time, but this is my first actual order. They're about half the cost of the Jaquard Pearl EX stuff for the one teaspoon size, and when you buy by the ounce, they're way cheaper. The service was prompt and they should be here tomorrow. Their website is great for describing each of their 100 or so colors, with good pictures.

As far as what colors work best, they have every color under the sun, so the sky's the limit on possibilities. I just mix up what I think will look the best, although I do have some 'recipes' that I sort of follow with the Pearl EX stuff I've been using. You just have to monkey with it and see what works best to accomplish your coloring goal.

The transparent tints from Mr. Fiberglass work great for supplemental coloring, too, at least for the PR stuff. Alumilite also has good transparent stuff that I've had good luck with when I use Alumilite. :) Hope that helps!

Hope that helps

Top Bottom