Recommended Fountain Pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scrofts1219

Hi folks. I am an experienced pen turner using lots of kits and materials. But over the years I've never done a fountain pen. Yesterday a friend and customer said they would like to have me make 3 fountain pens in Thuya burl. He said he wanted really nice quality but not necessarily a budget buster. He likes rhodium but is open to style and finish. Any recommendations, tips, what to avoid?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I would suggest Jr. Statesman .... if he can afford it.
Also consider Jr. Antony.
Still lower down the line ... Jr. Gent II, or Atrax, or Triton

Mr Vic

A lot of the Rollerball kits are available as fountain pens. Stick with one you know if possible.

Jontello

I would do a dayacom fountain pen like the jr Anthony because they come with a #6 Jowo nib and you can easily buy a Jowo nib in different sizes for your customer. Or I would go with a Beaufort fountain pen and you can always buy a bock nib with housing that fits those pens. One of the hardest things with selling fountain pens is the reques to be able to change and swap nibs. Most kits use a wierd size nib that you cannot really replace.

TonyL

So far I have had very good experience with the Jr Antony, George, Harold, Aaron. However, I have not tried the more expensive lines - they may be even better.

Top Bottom