reclaimed wood kitchen table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jimskio

jimskio

So in the middle of all the projects I have going my girlfriend decided that "she" wanted to build a kitchen table. At work we have two silos that were built in the 40's. The building, built from pine and cypress, between them was falling down so the bosses decided it should go. When they said they were burning all of the wood that was taken down we grabbed a chainsaw and went to work. So "she" is making a 5' diameter kitchen table with a massive center pedestal built from 9 4"x4"s glued together. My lathe at work is just big enough to turn this pedestal, these are a couple of pictures of the block that will make up the pedestal. I had to cut all off the corners of to get clearance.

jimskio

Attachments

• IMG_20130130_115350.jpg
    IMG_20130130_115350.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_20130130_115400.jpg
    IMG_20130130_115400.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

So in the middle of all the projects I have going my girlfriend decided that "she" wanted to build a kitchen table. At work we have two silos that were built in the 40's. The building, built from pine and cypress, between them was falling down so the bosses decided it should go. When they said they were burning all of the wood that was taken down we grabbed a chainsaw and went to work. So "she" is making a 5' diameter kitchen table with a massive center pedestal built from 9 4"x4"s glued together. My lathe at work is just big enough to turn this pedestal, these are a couple of pictures of the block that will make up the pedestal. I had to cut all off the corners of to get clearance.

jimskio

Jim I hat to say it , but I think you've been had! I suspect you know this though!:biggrin: Once you get the pedesal turned, the top glued up and flattened, and a flawless finish take another picture and post it so we can compliment your girlfreind on her great work.:tongue:

Wingdoctor

It looks like you have a great start to a fine table. The next task will be to reinforce the floor and find 10 friends to help move it into the kitchen! :)

Haynie

jimskio

Jim I hat to say it , but I think you've been had! I suspect you know this though!:biggrin: Once you get the pedesal turned, the top glued up and flattened, and a flawless finish take another picture and post it so we can compliment your girlfreind on her great work.:tongue:

Women are crafty that way

ctubbs

It looks like you have a great start to a fine table. The next task will be to reinforce the floor and find 10 friends to help move it into the kitchen! :)
They better be 10 very good friends that you wish to never see again!! Do not show them these pictures before they arrive to do the job. Be sure to tell them you will have unlimited beer available after the job.:rolleyes: That just might limit the hostilities!:mad:

Charles

Top Bottom