Recent turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jclark58

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclark58

I've been putting my PM 3520B through its paces since acquiring it back at the beginning of May. Below is some of my recently completed work. Feel free to critique.

mesquite31.jpg

17.75" Diameter and 5.5" deep Mesquite bowl with slightly curly figure. Harvested locally from trees cut down by city maintenance workers with IAP members Vick and Dubdrvrkev.

sumacplatter.jpg

18" Diameter and 1" deep African Sumac platter with intense curly figure. Harvested locally from trees being demolished to make way for development with IAP members Vick and Dubdrvrkev.

paloverde4.jpg

16.75" across the points and 3.5" deep Palo Verde winged bowl. Harvested locally from trees being demolished for freeway expansion. Left sitting in my garage for 18 months, during which time it spalted and was infested with bugs.

bebbox3.jpg

3.25" Diameter and 1.75" deep Box Elder Burl lidded box with lattice top. Inspired by the work of Hans Finsterwalder and Hans Weissflog.

Thanks for looking
Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jclark58

Thanks alot Rudy, Rando, and Brew. I lost count of the hours spent with various dental picks cleaning out the bug holes.

Rudy, I haven't taken the time to make an eccentric chuck yet. I plan to build one based on the one Hans Finsterwalder uses but figured out how to do this one without any special tools or jigs. If there's enough interest I could probably put together a tutorial.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom