Recent salt/peppermills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

Some salt/peppermills completed this past weekend. Woods include Spalted Hackberry, Walnut, Mahogany and laminated wood from Cousineau wood products.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice collection and well done..... I'm not a fan of the standard mills with the knob on top... being measurementally challenged, I have trouble getting the lengths just right... :( I prefer the crush grind mills that I can adjust the shaft to fit my turnings.... Spectraply is one of my foavorite woods to work with, just wish the blanks weren't so pricey.... I'm working a new batch now that includes 6 crush grinds and 3 of the little 6" crank operated grinds from Packardwoods (PSI reseller) ... I buy my crush grinds out of Canada from the U.S. distributor for Ideal of Denmark. Best price I've found for them.... although occasionally I'll get a few from Amazon. I've never tried the antique style grinder... not sure I like them at all.

I did enjoy looking at your collection.

bmac

Nice collection and well done..... I'm not a fan of the standard mills with the knob on top... being measurementally challenged, I have trouble getting the lengths just right... :( I prefer the crush grind mills that I can adjust the shaft to fit my turnings.... Spectraply is one of my foavorite woods to work with, just wish the blanks weren't so pricey.... I'm working a new batch now that includes 6 crush grinds and 3 of the little 6" crank operated grinds from Packardwoods (PSI reseller) ... I buy my crush grinds out of Canada from the U.S. distributor for Ideal of Denmark. Best price I've found for them.... although occasionally I'll get a few from Amazon. I've never tried the antique style grinder... not sure I like them at all.

I did enjoy looking at your collection.
Thanks for the comments, like you I am not a fan of the traditional grinders, with the adjustment knob. I normally use crush grind, but I mistakenly ordered the wrong kind and have had these setting around for about six months. I decided I needed to do something with them, so I dove in and still have five more to do, then it's back to crush grind.

Bobby
Louisiana

Top Bottom