Recent projects

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

A couple projects just finished up. A friend has limited work space in his hunting camp and wanted to know if I could make him a work surface/cutting board that he could place on top of his stove. The board I made is 1" strips of Maple glued up to give him a 30" x 23" work surface. On the underside of the board I put 3/4 x 1 1/2 strip to raise the board above the burners on the stove. I routed a juice groove and put his initial in the corner of the board using the CNC. The finish is mineral oil and beeswax. The other project is for a friends son who has a collection of pocket knives and she wanted me to make a keepsake box for him to store them in. The box is 13 1/2" long, 7 1/4" front to back and 5" top to bottom. I engraved a Deer head in the top using my CNC and engraved his name on the front. I added a button from a Deer horn to the lid to open the lid. The wood is Red Grandis and finished with spray lacquer.

Attachments

• work surface - cutting board.jpg
    work surface - cutting board.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Keepsake box.jpg
    Keepsake box.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Keepsake box2.jpg
    Keepsake box2.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Keepsake box3.jpg
    Keepsake box3.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 136
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

I like the way you were able to smoothly swing the juice groove across the one corner to allow for the initial.

Top Bottom